12.13.2013

Design History : Marcel Breuer

via Daily Icon

Last Spring during my visit at Kröller-Müller museum in Arnhem (great art collection!), I paused and sat down on this very very comfortable chair. I recognized the design of the chair as it is a famous piece from the Bauhaus era, but I didn't know the designer. So this is what I know now : B3 Chair 'Wassily' by Marcel Breuer.
For me it's not THE most beautiful chair, but it definitely has the best sitting experience and I would love to read books in it!

More info: wiki - www.marcelbreuer.org

via Daily Icon
B3 'Wassily' Chair, 1925
Stillman House II, Litchfield (Connecticut), 1964-1965

Marcel Breuer & Herbert Beckhard, University of Massachusetts, 1967-1970
Chrome-plated tubular steel & beechwood desk, 1932
Hooper House (together with Herbert Beckhard), Baltimore County (Maryland), 1960
The Breuer Cottage, Wellfleet (Massachusetts)
photo: Walter Sanders for LIFE
Mirror, 1930

No comments:

Post a Comment